At St. Joseph High School, we recognize their humanity and acknowledge that sometimes, students have challenging days. As a result, students have an opportunity to redo/rewrite summative assessments. The procedure below outlines the requirements for a redo/rewrite.
- All students have the opportunity to redo/rewrite.
- Student is deemed to have put a good faith effort on initial assessment.
- Student will be required to show evidence of new learning Redo/Rewrite Request Form
- Student must complete/schedule the redo/retake within two weeks of the return of the original assessment. Student must arrange a time with their teacher to complete the assessment.
- Teachers have final say on which assignments can be redone/rewritten.
- Teachers may choose to change the format of the redo/rewrite.
Dweck, Carol S. Mindset. London: Robinson, 2012. Print.
O'Connor, Ken. How to Grade for Learning: Linking Grades to Standards. Arlington Heights, IL: SkyLight Professional Development, 2002. Print.
Wormeli, Rick. Fair Isn't Always Equal: Assessing & Grading in the Differentiated Classroom. Portland, Me.: Stenhouse, 2006. Print.